Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

'Scrum Week...oh Wait a Min That's Over?

Well LnL is in 4 days so despite starting a mini for this weeks 'scrum challenge the challenge is over. I am not sure what I was thinking but oh well he is underway. I'd like to give a shout out to Goris for your running the challenge and to all eleven painters that made it through to the end (could some of you dropped so my chances of a battle engine were greater?). Have not heard yet who won the battle engine but the way these things go it won't be me.

Seeing as I didn't have to rush to finish my champion grun I shifterd gears a little the last two days. Yesterday I did some cleaning for my FADD army. I truely hate assembly and this unit doesn't look like it is going to be fun. I also cleaned and primed a few more of my Dragonforge bases.


I also took some time to finish up the two 30mm testbases for the FADD army and broke out the airbrush and my freshly mixed pot of trollblood skintone to basecoat Rok and Mouth (EBDT). I didn't take photos of these.

This am my four year old woke up screaming blood murder for no apparent reason (only guess is nightmare) but after that I was awake so I headed down into the basement to do some work. This am I blackend all the rock sections for Rok/Mouth so that I can go ahead and drybrush them up.





Next up on Rok I need to lay down the basecoats on this axe and other various metal bits. The next two steps will go pretty fast with a three layer drybrushing of the stone section and then the wash of the skin/metals. After that will be the laborious process of highlighting all that troll flesh and then the detail work. I also need to axe Rok a suitable cork rock base to go along with Mulg and my EDTM. The more I look at these two models the more I love what Rob did with the, He did a fantastic job of building what I had in my mind just via a couple emails. I am not sure how much more paint time I will have over the next few days bu I hope to have one or both of these bad boys done in a week or so.

I also took some time to work on a test 'caster and grunt for the FADD army. After laying down a little color the vision in my mind is shifting a little so the scheme is still a little fluid at this point. More on them later down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment