Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Friday, May 18, 2012

'Scrum Week 18 and More

I had to finish up this weeks 'scrum submission early as we are heading out to my folks this afternoon. Here is the lead for a unit of champions t go along with Skaldi from a few weeks ago. All I need to do now is get some grunts done for them to lead. I was going to paint two of them for the last two weeks of the 'scrum challenge however that all changed with the package from Rob. Unless something changes drastically Mouth the angry EBDT will be painted next week and Rok will close out the festivities with a big bang....or big ass axe. The grunts should be painted in between these heavies so I have an entry for this months PtT.


I also did a little more work on that angry witch hunter Harlan. He is looking pretty sloppy right now as the leather was is drying and looks a little splotchy. This shouldn't be an issues as once I highlight the leather it should all tie back in nicely.


After working on the boneswarm last week I have been eye balling my Blindwater Congregation minis again. I looked over at the partially painted shelf and saw Snapjaw looking sad and unfinished so I did a little it of work on him as well. Seeing as my gator are suppose to be a "speed painted" faction for me I did a quick drybrushing highlight and two shading washes. He is mostly done at this point only needing his teeth/nails/ chain/nose ring, eyes, and base painted.



He is nothing fancy to look at but all an all not too bad. I need to finish up his buddy Wrongeye who is about 85% finished and there will be one more lesser warlock and beast finished. Once I get this pair finished and Brine finished I think I am going to play the minion carnival with Grim. The list is something like this:

Grim Angus (*6pts)
* Troll Impaler (5pts)
* Dire Troll Blitzer (9pts)
Brun Cragback & Lug (9pts)
Rorsh & Brine (9pts)
Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (9pts)

I don't think it will be overly competitive but looks like it would be pretty darn fun to play.

The last thing I did over the last few days is prime a couple test minis for the FADD army to see if the scheme I am seeing in my head looks good and is as fast to paint as I am hoping. I don't anticipate putting any paint to these test minis for at least two weeks but who knows. Time to go pack the car have a great weekend y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment