Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Painting Progress: Rok and SoB

This am when I got home from work the house was quiet so I headed down to the cave to do a little painting. Yesterday before heading to work I sprayed the bothers with my current white metal of choice Vallejo Air Color steel.


This am I started laying in some of the detail work on Wrathar. I intended to get through all of the yellow metal but there is so much of it on the brothers and I was getting to tired so only worked on Wrathar. Here you can see some of the yellow metals on the detailed armor.




I used two different yellow metals on this mini so far. The two colors are Vallejo Model Color brass and bronze. I also did one section with a 1:1 mix of the two colors.

While I had the VMC brass out I put the yellow metals down on Rok. He needs to have a few sections cleaned up then he will receive his shade wash. After that I will basecoat the leathers. I plan on doing two different leathers a light one for this loincloth and a medium for the straps. Once those basecoats are finished he will be getting attached to the base I made for him a few days ago before proceeding to highlighting. Here is the big man at the current time.



Well I cannot keep my eyes open any longer time to head off to bed. With a little luck I will be able to do a little more work on either the SoB or Rok this evening prior to heading to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment