Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

ConQuest on the Brain

I really don't want to work tonight. I have been getting slammed tonight so I am taking 15min to clear my head and write a quick post.

Next week Northblade of Lost Hemisphere Radio fame is having a large tournament up in Toronto. Seeing as it is a week off myself and some of the Team Spite crew will be heading up to spread the spite. Participant in our Canadian invasion include myself, PG_Z1G1, Sidious, Ty and Scudo (damn you Scudo!...been a while since I said that in the blog). I have been pretty fired up to head up there and meet/hangout with some of that crew as well as get some solid gaming in.

In preparation for the event I had tee-shirts made up for a few of use (those that wanted them) and I will be picking them up Monday. I will put a pick up once I get it. I have also been bouncing back and forth between lists and 'casters. One of my favorite things to do when I am killing time or watching cartoons with the boys is build lists. This leads me to do a LOT of over analyzing and over thinking.

Through emails listen to a Lost Hemisphere podcast and email I learned that the painting requirement for the event was dropped but I still want to attempt to play two fully painted list. This is scaring me away from my Borka Family Reunion list. My 'lock du jour is the first 'lock I ever painted. The hunter himself Mr Grim Angus. Grim was featured in an early RMM. I think this will be a good second list to complement either a pMadrak/eDoomshaper/Borka 'beast brick. Two ideas I have been toying with are

Grim (-6pts)
*Bomber (10pts)
*EBDT (10pts)
*Impaler (5pts)
Dygs: full (6pts)
Scattergunners: min (5pts)
*UA (2pts)
Gatorman Posse: full (9pts)
Fell Caller (3pts)
Champ Hero (3pts)
Totem Hunter (3pts)

Grim (-6pts)
*Bomber (10pts)
*EBDT (10pts)
*Impaler (5pts)
Dygs: full (6pts)
Wrongeye (9[ts)
*Snapjaw
Gatorman Posse: full (9pts)
Fell Caller (3pts)
SSC (2pts)
Alten (2pts)

List two is nearly full painted. The bomber, Wrongeye, and Posse are all >75% painted so even though it is 26pts needing painting it really isn't that much. List one is a little more labor intensive as I would need to assemble five more scattergunners and then paint the lot of them from scratch in addition to finishing the posse and bomber. However, if I choose list one it will also meet my 'scrum painting for the week......IDK?? The way things are going by Sunday I won't even want to play Grim and will be trying to put a list together for Calandra again. OK gotta run my time is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment