Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Random Miniature Monday

This week I selected my slag troll for RMM. I don't rememeber when this gentleman was painted but somewhere in the nature of 2 years ago sounds right. I painted him in grey skin tones to match my pyre troll vs the blues of all the other trolls. My intention is to have all elemental trolls grey and have some accents to signify the element. That was really easy with the pyre not so much with the slag so I just did the metal and called it a day. I don't field this mini as much as I would like but he has been pretty solid for me on the table when I do field him.





I was able to play two games Saturday with the Calandra list I posted the other day. The first game I played against Luke playing Circle and an eKaya lists. As best I can remember his list was as follows:

Kaya the Moonhunter & Laris (*3pts)
* Gorax (4pts)
* Megalith (11pts)
* Pureblood Warpwolf (9pts)
* Pureblood Warpwolf (9pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
* Stone keeper (1pts)
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew (Leader and 1 Grunt) (1pts)
Tharn Bloodweavers (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath (9pts)
Druid Wilder (2pts)
The game was fun but took a long time. We played one of the center scenarios so it never really came into play. I was in pretty solid control but he kept muzzling Mulg keeping him from doing anything which really slowed things down. The spell on the lesser warlock was also a bear to deal with keeping my gators from charging. I ended up winning due to winning the battle of attrition.

Game two I played against Scudo playing gators. Scudo and I always have fun games that are really close and usually come down to one maybe two key moments. He was playing his new love....gators:

Maelok, the Dreadbound (*6pts)
* Bull Snapper (3pts)
* Bull Snapper (3pts)
* Ironback Spitter (8pts)
Bog Trog Ambushers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew (Leader and 1 Grunt) (1pts)
Croak Hunter (2pts)
Croak Hunter (2pts)
Croak Hunter (2pts)
Thrullg (3pts)
Thrullg (3pts)
Totem Hunter (3pts)
After we both lost large portions of our armies I ended up winning by killing Maelok with, of all things, two charging gators. Maelok was pretty beaten by a bomber who he failed to kill the turn before by 4 points (one miss due to starcrossed). However I think the highlight of the game took place on the final turn. I had a fell caller hero with two boxes left engaged by a swamp gobber, I said hell I will take the free strike and walk over to kill Maelok.....the gobber killed my fell call!?! Serious!?! Despite winning both games I am not sure I am really feeling this list right now and that it needs to be tweaked. Seeing as I will not have time to do any tweaking I feel like I might be dropping this list from Conquest Toronto contention and looking at different options.

I have to head back to work tonight for the first time in three weeks so I am fearful this week will see minimal progress on anything. I need to do some assembly work that is for sure and I need to do a mini for the 'scrum challenge (most likely Lug) but other than that we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment