Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Domination Tourney III

Yesterday was our final Domination event. We had 8 guys show up this week so not bad just not a good as the 14 for the previous event. The breakdown was as follows:

-2 Cygnar
-2 Legion
-1 Cryx
-1 Circle
-1 Trollblood
-1 Skorne

I was thinking about bringing Circle or Minions this week but I really wanted to play the NQ Borka theme list so despite already having the troll coin I brought them again. My 2 lists for the tourney were:

Borka Kegslayer (*5pts)
* Swamp Troll (4pts)
* Dire Troll Mauler (9pts)
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. (Boomhowler and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 3 Stone Scribes (3pts)
Stone Scribe Chronicler (2pts)
Trollkin Champion Hero (3pts)
Trollkin Champion Hero (3pts)


and

Calandra Truthsayer, Oracle of the Glimmerwood (*5pts)
* Troll Impaler (5pts)
* Dire Troll Bomber (10pts)
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (Cylena and 9 Grunts) (10pts)
Alten Ashley, Monster Hunter (2pts)
Janissa Stonetide (3pts)


I had every intention of playing Borka in all my games but ended up playing Cally one time. Once again I brought my camera to take some photos but once again forgot to actually do it. So her are a few shots I took this am of part of the family army.




Game one I ran up against Cryx and a pGoreshade army. The game went really well and I cleared the board netting me 41 VPs and grabbing 2 CPs as well. The Boomhowlers really threaten the control areas early and were a nightmare to kill (gotta love 4+ tough)

Game 2 I ran up against Circle. His 2 lists were both tier lists. One was the new eBaldur and the other was a Morvahna. Due to the number of she tharn in the second list I opted to go with Cally and the AOEs. He went Baldur. This game really pissed me off because I managed to snatch defeat from the jaw of victory. I had the game pretty well in hand (of course he forgot a spell on his card that would have been a big help to him) but over extended one turn and left Cally a little too close to the action and got her killed (damn you Scudo)

Game 3 put me up against "the profession" Mr Cash himself. The game was pretty back and forth with a lot of jabs looking for the knockout punch. It looked like I was set up to land that big punch first when I was all set to have a raged up Mauler charge Ol' Rowdy on the feat turn. I could see it all p+s 18 so dice -1 on 3d6, then do it again with 2d6, then the chain attack 2h throw at eCaine with boosted damage 4d6 cause of feat, and finally boost to hit Caine on the throw and with a hit 3d6 at dice....all we needed was to hit but how hard will that be only need 6.....oops 5 on the first roll plan failed. We beat up Rowdy pretty bad but next turn he feat and killed both my beast. I still looked to be OK but the keg was about 1/2" too far away from Borka to get stumbling drunk on my next turn so had to rely on iron flesh. It was at this point "the professional" came to play rolling a 9 on 2d6 with Pendrake to score a KD then the next 2 damage rolls for Caine came out 16 and 18 on 3d6 each...WHAT!?! Good game.

I was a little upset with game 2s results but all in all I had a good time and really enjoyed the "family reunion" and look to play it more. I miss not having Janissa and her lovely wall. I was packing up when the coins and prizes were being passes out not paying too much attention when I heard I won 3rd place due to VPs which was cool. I also traded my troll coin for a circle one so that was also a nice little bonus. I picked up eBloodsong during the event and ordered a box of long riders to do her theme list. Thanks to our newest PG_Z1G1 and CZ for running these event they were a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment