I woke up this morning around 4:30 was unable to get back to sleep. I decided to put a little more work into Gudrun and the Boomhowlers for my Borka list. Since my paint station is currently set up in one of my son's room I had to sneak in and grab a few things without waking him. Luckly I was able to get what I need without disturbing the little guy. I set up at the kitchen table and got to work. I basecoated the light and darker leathers on Gudrun and then went over the Boomhowlers with some thinned down black to fill in any of the gaps missed while priming.
After the boys got up and ate some breakfast I got a chance to put down my shading wash on the 2 leather sections.
I am pleased with how he is coming along. The mini is starting to get dominated with brown tones so I think I might have to paint the shirt in a brighter color but I will cross that bridge when I get there. Next up will be highlighting the leathers and then basecoat the metal sections. I also want to get the airbrush out for the Boomhowlers again. I want to try and base all the metals on them with my airbrush. This will be my 1st atempt to laydown color to specific locations with the brush. I will be using one of the model air metallic paints so that I don't have to worry about dilution.
I might be running up to Greg's tonight to play a few more game of Quarriors! but we will see how the day goes.