Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Beginning

Well I have been toying with the idea of starting a painting/gaming blog for some time and have finally taken the plunge.  I have been doing the Paint the Target challenges the last 2 months over on Lost Hemisphere and have gotten more painted in that time. My hope is that through this blog I will be able to get even more of my projects finished and work my way towards fully painted status.
My journeys in the IK started in late’04/early ’05. I saw the starter boxes in my FLGS and was intrigued. After discussing it with a college buddy I picked up the Khador starter box (maybe I will shoot some picks of my first battle group to post) and he went with Protectorate. After playing 1 or 2 demo games he moved away and I never really played again.
Over the years I continued to collect PP models and built up a large collection. Then around late ’08 I was online killing time and came across DeadDogg’s trollbood in 10 day article on the old brushthralls site and got pulled back in.  Then in early ’09 I got in touch with our local press ganger PG_Moz and have been hooked. Playing the game has only fueled by compulsion to buy minis and I have amassed a very large pile of unpainted minis (I own at least one mini from every faction except Protectorate and Skorne). This pile of unpainted minis brings me back to the goal of this blog to get stuff done.
As mentioned above I have minis for nearly every faction and have played games with Khador, Cryx, Mercs, Trollbloods, and Circle. I consider Trolls to be my main faction but Khador has a soft spot in my heart being the first PP minis I ever purchased. I am also working on a getting a new faction fully painted as well, but more on that at a later time. Hopefully I will have pretty regular updates/progress. Thanks for coming along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment