Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day/Progress

Happy thanksgiving to all. Just finished dinner about an hour ago and man do I want a nap. The last thing I want to do is go to work but gotta pay the bills (minis don't pay for themselves).

Got a little bit done on my pKaya for this months PtT. The skins got worked on, blacked the eyes/ added the whites, and based the wood on her staff. Some of the skin was actually done last night after I took the pictures.



It is a little hard to see the skin as it seems to be getting washed out a bit by the light. She is moving along and hope to have her all finished up in time. I still need to clean up the face a little, dot the eyes, pick a hair color and paint it, do the metals on the staff, wash the wood on the staff, and highlight the cloak.

I also shot and email to Gdaybloke over at Lost Hemisphere to ask him what the Vox Populi posts were all about. After hearing about it I have decided to do a Vox submission too. The Vox is all about Theme forces and seeing as I have been prepping a Borka Family Reunion force anyways it kinda fits right in with what I have been doing. I took a few pics of that as well. My lighting is a bit off at the moment but it will have to do.




As you can see I got 3 more Boomhowlers assembled only 4 more to go. I also drilled out the staff and hand on Gudrun to brass rod his staff. The butt of the staff was too small for me to drill into so I went into my bits box and think I found a nice end replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment