Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Domination tourney II

OK so Wednesday night we had another Domination event. This week we had 14 players which was awesome and seeing as we had such great attendance at the previous two tourneys all the entry fees went to prize support from CZ equalling $140 WOW! The awards were 1st undefeated, 2nd fastest caster kill, 3rd most VPs, and the there were faction coins available as well. the break down was as follows:

4-Skorne
3-Legion
2-Minion
1-Circle
1-Trollblood
1-Merc
1-Menoth
1-Retribution

I brought may camera again this week to photo some of the games but once again forgot to take pics. Seeing as I already got the Troll coin last week I decided to go for the Minions coin and played Blindwater Congregation. My 2 lists were:

Maelok, the Dreadbound (*6pts)
* Bull Snapper (3pts)
* Boneswarm (4pts)
* Blackhide Wrastler (9pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Thrullg (3pts)
Totem Hunter (3pts)

Bloody Barnabas (*6pts)
* Bull Snapper (3pts)
* Blackhide Wrastler (9pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Feralgeist (1pts)
Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (9pts)

I know you are saying how can you use a boneswarm it is not released yet. I have on of the IK boneswarms and got permission from the TO that as long as I had the real model and a printout or the card from Domination he would be legal. Round one I got pared up with the Ret player from the week before. The mission was Killbox. He was playing the same list as the previous week which was:

Lord Arcanist Ossyan (*6pts)
* Hydra (9pts)
Dawnguard Invictors (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
* Dawnguard Invictor Officer & Standard (2pts)
Dawnguard Sentinels (Leader and 9 Grunts) (9pts)
* Dawnguard Sentinel Officer & Standard (2pts)
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (3pts)
This game wet really well for me. My army advanced up under the cover of swamp pits and submerge. He advance his army to the point were I had all but Ossy and 2 minis in Barnabas' control area so I feated and destroyed all but 5 models. He tried to counter back but just didn't have enough firepower to do much and was tabled the following turn netting me a W and 36 VPs....good start.

Game 2 I got paired with the Troll player who was from out of town (we had 3 guys show up from over an hour away). The mssion was Incursion. He was playing a heavy army Borka list. I didn't pick up on it at the time but did when I started writing this his list was actually not legal. It had 2 'loack attachments. Here is the list:

Borka Kegslayer (*5pts)
* Dire Troll Mauler (9pts)
* Trollkin Runebearer (2pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Trollkin Champions (Leader and 4 Grunts) (10pts)

OK being a troll player myself had a really good idea what was what here. I went with Barnabas again. This game was a little touchy. I made a mistake in the middle of my feat turn (which again knocked down everything but Borka, the keg carrier, and the Runebearer) I charged his Mauler and killed it with Snapjaw then proceeded to charge with the posse. Half way threw this my opponent said wait he Snapjaw was out of Wrongeye's control area the Mauler is still alive and put him back on the table. I was a little put off by this as I was more than 1/2 way through my next unit when he called this and wanted to just put him back on the table. I didn't do it maliciously but he was right so we called the TO over and we just re-rolled the damage from the the 2 initial attacks. I forgot to pause my time which would be a big problem as you will see. Anyways I finished out the turn my Voodoo dolling the maulers spirit to limit the backlash on my opponents turn. On the feat I managed to kill 3 champs, and 4 gators. He wasn't able to punch back too hard on his turn and I only lost 1 gator and my feralgiest on his turn. I ended up losing to my deathclock expiring with Borka surrounded by gators, having 1 wound, and a charging Snapjaw having 1 initial and 3 fury left......arrrgggghhh. Hindsight being 20/20 I most likely could have won on scenario even with the short time. Game 2: L, CP 1, VPs 24

Game 3 was against PG_Moz who was undefeat and got paired down to play me (damn VPs) The mission was close quarters I believe. He was playing LoE:

Rhyas, Sigil of Everblight (*6pts)
* Scythean (9pts)
* Seraph (8pts)
Blighted Nyss Raptors (Leader and 4 Grunts) (10pts)
Annyssa Ryvaal, Talon of Everblight (4pts)

Once again I took Barnabas to try and avoid as much shooting from the battle deer as possible. I mighthave been beter off with Maelok so they didn't get poision but eh. I really Eff'd this game up and go assassinated at range due to a massive screw up. I got smoked. Game 3: L, CP1, VP 0.

We were suppose to have a 4th round as there were 2 undefeated still but the store was closing in 10 min so they just called it a day. I made some big mistakes but learned from them and seeing as theywere my first games with gators I am not too upset...I obviously didn't get my Minion coin (Damn you Scudo). Next week we have off due to the holiday but the following week it is back on. I am not sure if I will play Trolls, Gators, or something else yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment