The wife took the boys back to my inlaws today so when I woke up this afternoon I decided to break out the airbrush for the first time and see how it went. I brought my stuff down to the basement and set up on an old card table.
Once I was set up I needed a test subject. The lucky model was the Gudrun I finished brass roding last evening.
Here you can see the "naked" mini with the brass rod shaft and my bits box addition for the butt of the weapon. Time to put brush to mini.
Here he is primed up. I use Vallejo Surface Primer grey for this maiden voyage and I have to say I am very pleased. I was so excited after the first pass that I also primed a blackhide wrastler (drying in the basement) and made my first attempt at base applying a base coat. I was using my boneswarm for this as the mini is one uniform color. The boneswarm is also drying at the moment. I am not sure I got the dilution of paint/EtOH 100% correct (might have been too thin) but I am excited to have a new tool. Depending on how the 'swarm drys I might try out some base color on that wrastler before I leave for work.
I am getting a bit ahead of myself as I still need to work on Kaya seeing as her deadline is in 3 days. I am also mulling over a different Vox list to send to LH.....man I am hobby ADD.