So I went ahead and pseudo-cheated this week. Like I said the other day I have been distracted by Brine so I for this weeks 'scrum mini I banged out a feralgiest. I used the pre-shading priming then used ink glazes. After they dried it was a just a matter of finishing off the base. I didn' take the time to fully set up my photo booth but I did grab my backdrop so the grey would show a little better. Here he is:
The last few week I have been slacking and not taking group shots so this week I decided to get the gang together and do it up. Here we are 3 months into the process. I am pleased to be getting stuff finished but I need to get more units finished....man I hate painting units.
I also took the time to put my shading wash down on Brine. It looks pretty messy at this point but I have to reclaim most of the flesh with my base color anyways and that should clean him back up.
These are the colors I am using on my piggies. I used this set up with Les' Carver and liked it so whenever I paint a pig I plan on using this set up. I base with beast hide, make a wash with the umbral umber, then reclaim the muscles with beast hide, and then highlight with progressive mixes of beast hide and tanned skin. The snout gets done with a mix of Khardic flesh and beast hide to give it a nice pinkie flesh tone.