Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Some WiPs

I didn't get to paint too much last week due to work but got a little time this week to work on a few mini. I didn't really focus on one faction (or game in fact) but bounced a round between a few.

The first mini to show is my enlightened grunt from Wild West Exodus. Once again you can check out the kickstarter here if you are interested. After putting this guy together the other night I primed him with grey Vallejo Surface primer via the airbrush (hindsight being 20:20 I wish I went with black).




My initial inclination was to paint the paints in a denim scheme but I was unsure of the correct timeline for the creation of denim so I elected to go with a grey cloth. On a whim (and after talking with a buddy) I decided I liked the idea of a red shirt so went with it. Here he is with most of the base coating done and the pants and metals washed with GW Badab Black.

The next minis are the sluggers for my unloved challenge army. While I am still not 100% sold these guys are going to be in a ton of the lists I run with the Family Reunion they will be in one of the first few just cause they look good and I want to try them out. I am also holding out hope that there will be a UA in Gargantuans that will make up for some of their issues. I think it is a possibility that the UA is in the book as both Legion and Circle have received UAs for medium based units that are on the newer side of releases.


Here is where they currently stand. I washed the skin and metal sections while the boys were at school today. I typically let this wash sit for a while before going back to the mini but when I get back to it highlighting the skin will be the first order of business.

The last mini I have been working on is the High Reclaimer for my FADD Menoth army. Here is the work I have been doing on the HR:



The model had already been primed and the white metal section laid down months ago. Over the last two days I did some of the yellow metal sections with VMC bronze and the cloth section. I then washed all the metals with my standard armor wash and when that dried I washed the yellow metal sections with GW Sepia wash (whatever the new one is called) While the majority of my PoM to date has had grey cloaks I was in the mood to paint some more red (not sure why as I usually hate red). I started by laying down a few thin layers of VMA fire red. I still need to do a few more layers to get the coverage perfect but I think I like the feel of the red and bronze. I am not sure I love this red and may go back to may more standard red build. I am considering using the airbrush to paint the weapon blades and add some effects but we will see.

I know this came out of left field a little as I have shelved the PoM for a while. The reasons I picked the PoM back are two fold. The first reason is I have just been seeing them on the shelf and been in the mood to paint them a little but the second reason, and most compelling, was Privateer Press previewing this guy:


I love the look of this guy (I also love the regular bastions) and the description is really intriguing to me. It sounds as if this guy is a jack marshal which has some cool potential....I think. It will all depend on his rules but i am thinking of marshaling a sanctifier with him could be pretty sweet and could be a part of an HR army. I would be looking at something along these lines:

The High Reclaimer (*6pts)
* Reckoner (8pts)
* Vanquisher (8pts)
* Hierophant (2pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Exemplar Cinerators (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Holy Zealots (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Holy Zealot Monolith Bearer (2pts)
Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (?)
* Sanctifier (9pts)
The Wrack (3 wracks) (1pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)

Since I don't know the points for the senny I left a little wiggle room in there for maybe Rhoven or the book or who knows what.

OK that is that for now. Hope to have more updates in the next few days and should have a wrap up of leg one of the Thruway Cup early next week......Let's go Team Spite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment