Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

FADD: Menoth

I have been talking over the last few months about my FADD army but have not made any specific mention of faction. The FADD army is going to be Protectorate of Menoth. I have been purchasing and assembling (or sending out for assemble) my PoM force. There were a lot of contributing factors to me selection Menoth as my next project. The primary reason is I have been trying top get a buddy into WM/H for some time now and PoM was always his army of choice. I have failed to get him into the game but in the time I was working on lists/paint schemes for him I got myself hooked. Another contributing factor was a post on FnF by KestrelM1 and then subsequent conversations via PMs with KestrelM1, Paradox, and 'Gday. While I ultimately decided on a different 'caster I have picked up all of the parts for the Vindictus list and that will be painted up down the road as well. Here is my test mini for the army.



Here I painted pKreoss in my selected scheme. This scheme is heavily influenced by Ron Kruzie's 300 Skorne seen in the studio showdown in NQ 17-20. I changed up the theme for all the cloth sections but the idea of a shinny clean black with gold trim was "borrowed". Kreoss took a little long than I was hoping for but I think I should be able to carry this theme across the faction and be able to paint the 35pt FADD army in my designated month time period. I am contemplating another highlight on the grey section to bring it out a little more. Little bit of glair in the photos.....sorry.
There are a few 'casters in the PoM that I have always really liked the look of and wanted to paint. The main offenders were/are the High Reclaimer (resculpt), pKreoss (resculpt), Vindictus, and Reznik. I selected the latter to lead my 35pt challenge. I decided to go with the Knocking on Heaven's Door theme force from Jason Soles as seen in NQ 35. Here is the 35pt T4 list that is going to be painted over the next month:


Reznik - Knocking on Heavens Door (NQ35)
High Executioner Servath Reznik (*6pts)
* Scourge of Heresy (9pts)
* Templar (8pts)
* Vanquisher (8pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Deliverer Sunburst Crew (Leader and 2 Grunts) (3pts)
Steelhead Halberdiers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Attendant Priest (0pts)
The Wrack (3 wracks) (1pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)



Here they are in their assembled and primed glory (sunburst not pictured). As you can see some of the bases were painted ahead of time as tests and to get some of it out of the way ahead of time. The army is based on Dragonforge scenic bases except for any mercenary minis. I did this so that any mercs painted can jump between factions/merc contracts without sticking out too much due to their bases. I went with list for a couple reasons. While my initial inclination was to go with a High Reclaimer or Vindictus list they both consist of multiple in faction troops that will be a little more time consuming to paint. The steelheads, on the other hand, should paint very fast being mostly metal. The next reason is I like theme forces. While I do not play them that often I love building them in my head and thinking through theme lists.

The FADD army will be on the clock starting August 1st. 31 days to be completed.......

2 comments:

  1. I accept no responsibility for your addiction. Unless you're winning, in which case you owe me a retainer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in 'bloke. Well I plan on winning so I guess I owe you. Hows a cocktail at Templecon '13 sound?

      Delete