Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sputtering Along

I haven't been able to get a really good chunk of time in to paint so far this week but I have been able to sneak a little here and there. First I finished the little details on Reznik all he needs now is for me to finish his wrack and he is completely good to good. I also finished up vassal number two aka blondie. Like vassal one aka red I did a little freehand red stripe on the bottom of his robe. I know it isn't much of a freehand but I am happy with the added result. I also took a second to glue some army painter tufts on the bases of all complete minis. Here is a group shot of the "done minis"


I did a little on the grunts for the choir of Menoth as well. I blocked in which robes are going to be grey and which are going to be red. I am very happy with the layout but very unhappy with the piss poor job I did cleaning mold lines. I am not sure I have time to stop working on them fix the mold line issues then repaint but my obsessive nature on this matter may not allow me to just move on.....errr I don't need a set back like this.


Lastly I started on the steelheads.I had already basecoated them white metal via the airbrush so I went in and started hitting random panels with yellow metal (GMC brass) as seen on the studio models. I am liking how they are coming together with this random/hodge podge armor.


I didn't get a chance to do all the members of the unit before I was interrupted yesterday so I hope to finish that today and slap my armor wash on the unit before I head to sleep so that once I wake up and can get back to them the wash will be fully dried.

On a different topic the guys seem to be having a good time out at GenCon. Scudo picked up a Woldwrath and two gatorman witch doctors. The Woldwrath is assembled and table ready. They were also able to ninja two Hyperion models for local players before PP sold out so Evicerae and Ty have some sweet shinnies to look forward to.

Z1G1 had good run in hardcore with his MoW brick of doom list. This list is a variant of his Templecon hardcore list with the addition of a Conquest. The list consists of the following minis:

Supreme Kommandant Irusk (*5pts)
* Conquest (19pts)
Battle Mechaniks (Leader and 5 Grunts) (3pts)
* Battle Mechanik Officer (2pts)
Greylord Ternion (Leader and 2 Grunts) (4pts)
Man-o-war Demolition Corps (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Man-o-war Shocktroopers (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Man-o-war Shocktroopers (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)

He runs them literally in the shape of a brick and slowly plods towards you chewing up anything that is within 9" of the front row. The combination of eIrusk's martial discipline, total obedience, and battle lust make this army sign for Zack. Due to the slow nature of the list and how it sets up and moves hardcore is one of the only formats where he can comfortably run the list know that it is a center scenario and all the action with take place is one spot. If he had to spread out it would suffer some. He went 4-1 on the day with his only loss to Phatasian playing Lord Tyrant Watt's pMorghoul Skorne army (see http://museonminis.com/gencon-hardcore-army-swap-2012/ for what I am talking about). Phatasian ended up finishing 4th in hardcore so once again good showing Z1G1.

That's about the extent of my news from GenCon from the few texts I received. Man I wish I was there too. If I can get through these steelheads by the end of the weekend and can spend next week on the three heavy 'jack I might just pull of this 35pt challenge.....not looking great right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment