Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Templecon Day 3 Wrap Up

Day three was going to be a little bit of a slow day for me and the crew. I had been up most of the night the past two nights and was just looking to take it easy on Sunday. Due to changes in our plans we were going to be heading back Sunday afternoon versus staying to watch the super bowl and heading back Monday. We had to be out of our room by 11:00am we packed up Les' car between 10-11 and then headed out to scary up some breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. After we picked up food we returned to the convention to east and check out the  gaming hall to see what was going on.

Abe: "I snore? Really?" the rest of us "YES!"

Looking a little groggy big fellow. Too much Rowan's last night? 

We had to be out of our room by 11:00am we packed up Les' car between 10-11 and then headed out to scary up some breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. After we picked up food we returned to the convention to east and check out the gaming hall to see what was going on.




 Some last day iron arena action going in the hall outside the main gaming hall.
 
After finishing my breakfast sandwich I headed into the hall to check out the first round pairing for masters. Those of you that go to a lot of national events (I don't) will recognize a lot of the familiar "big guys" in a few of these photos.
 


When I was looking at the pairings Jake was matched up with a troll player first round. when I looked at the troll players board I was a little surprised to see a Gunnbjorn theme force as one of his three lists. Looking at Jake's lists I really think this might have been the list to play against him but alas the player selected an eDoomie list with the mountain king. FYI Jake won.
 

There is Paul from midnight madness day one
 
I didn't think I would say this but I was a little burnt out on Warmachine so I didn't even bring my army back inside the convention hall. The previous night one of the guys demoing Zombicide told us they put a full version of the game in the boardgame room so a group of us headed down to the boardgame room to check it out. Abe had played the game a time of two so he was in charge.
 
 The boardgame room. Table filled with games just say what you want and play away.
 
Cash and Nick pulling out the zombies.
 
After we finished out demo game we headed back down to the gaming area. I really enjoyed the tutorial mission of Zombicide we played and was curious to hear more. I was on the fence back and forth weather I was going to pick up the game or not but based on previous posts you know that answer :) I will get more into the things that pushed me into my purchase in a later Zombicide post. Around 3pm we said goodbye to Zack, John, Cash, and a few other people we met along the lines and started the drive home.




Les and I were the only two people who didn't pass out on the drive home. Thankfully Les didn't as he was driving :) Templecon 2013 was once again amazing. Despite having to return home a day early I think 2013 was even better than 2012. Templecon is a really great time and look forward to doing it year after year with the Team Spite crew.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment