Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Down to the Wire....Again

Week 5 of the 'scrum challenge is shaping up like the other....trying to get a mini done the last day. One of these days I will get one done early (ha). This is my first week back to work after 3 weeks off and these overnights are kicking my ass.

I said in my last post that I said I was leaning towards a skinner for this weeks mini but that has been scrapped for a few reasons. The first and foremost reason is I am nearly 100% out of my metal wash which I use on all my metals and troll skin as a shade (after a couple experiments I think I may have finally found a substitute). The second reason is he is a "normal sized" troll mini and will be tough to bang out in half a day. If my new wash works out right maybe next week of the skinner.

I am going to do the grunt from the swamp gobber crew as this weeks mini. He is a little guy and I should be able to bang him out quickly. I started putting his cork base together last night before heading into work and blocking some of the colors (no time for photos). I think the leader will have to wait 2 weeks to join him. I have a week coming up were I will only have two days to paint a mini for the challenge and he seems to be the perfect subject. Fingers crossed photos tonight of a finished gobber.

No comments:

Post a Comment