Here is a picture of the big guy right out of the box from Rob. As you can see a majority of the chains and whelps have been left off. I asked him to do this to make it easier for me to paint (at least I think it will be easier this way). I also had him leave the the loincloth sections off. Even though the head is attached he it is not glued on and can be removed whenever I need.
The big guy received his primer coat via the airbrush with Vallejo Surface Primer black. You can see the separate loincloth sections here being guarded by the IKRPG gunmage.
The next step was putting down a layer of blue on the skin sections. This is my trollblood blue skin mixture once again applied via the airbrush. Here you can see the detached head as mentioned above.
In this phase I started drybrushing the stones with my stone mixture (which isn't "mine" it from an article in NQ br Ron Kruzie). This process is P3 thronwood green, bastion grey, trollblood highlight, and then a very light drybrush with Menoth white highlight. I still needed to do the rocks on his back at this point but that will have to wait until the next post as this has gotten a little long.