Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Let's Get Ghostly

At the end of last year Badger released their own line of airbrush ready paint. At the time the released there was a bunch of reviews popping up on youtube but I couldn't find a lot of retailers (at least one I deal with) that carried the line. A large portion of the line seemed repetitive to what I had so I wasn't overly interested except for a group of paints they call ghost tints. These are clear acrylic paints that appeared to have some really cool possibilities. After the initial urge to buy died down I kinda forgot about them for the most part with only the occasional thought of "hey I bet those ghost tints could be cool on X"

A few weeks back Andrew over at Schnauzerface minis released a Rhan tutorial and it got me thinking about the tints once again (you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm9f3mjkuhU ). I have decided I cannot pick up anymore factions so that helped me keep from buying a Rhan and trying to replicate Andrew's work. Then local player Bloodyarcane said he was starting up Ret so I told him when he picked up Rhan I'd paint it if he wanted. One thing leads to another and I ordered the 12 ghost tints through amazon and they arrived today:





There is a pretty nice spread of colors but I definitely see myself using some far more than others. I am not sure when I will get around to trying them out but look forward to seeing how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment