Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

What Time is it?....Gametime!

Since returning from Templecon in early February I haven't had a chance to get to our FLGS to get a single game in. I have really missed playing and have been looking forward to today for a while. I am going to head down to the store and hopefully get a few games in. Today I am going to bring one of my favorite troll 'locks/units....sexy sexy Calandra and the Dygs of Doom. I have loved this par since first reading Sevwal's article on trollbloodscrum.com some time ago. I usually play her at 35pt but today I will be bringing it up to 50pt and trying out a few new things. I will be using today as a test day for the lists I intend to bring to an upcoming tourney in Canada. A small group of us are going to be driving up to Toronto at the end of the month to take part in Conquest Toronto being run by Northblade of Lost Hemisphere fame. I am really looking forward to the trip and want to lock down my lists soon to try and get them fully painted.....probably not. Today I will be trying out:

Calandra Truthsayer, Oracle of the Glimmerwood (*5pts)
* Troll Impaler (5pts)
* Dire Troll Bomber (10pts)
* Mulg the Ancient (12pts)
Pyg Burrowers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Trollkin Runeshapers (Leader and 2 Crew) (4pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 2 Grunts) (6pts)
Fell Caller Hero (3pts)
Janissa Stonetide (3pts)
Trollkin Champion Hero (3pts)
I am not going to worry about reinforcements at this time as we will just play scenarios that don't use them for today. I have been tinkering with this list a lot. Some of the changes have been changing up the second wave unit (in this case gators) and juggling the beasts (adding/dropping Mulg for other combos of beast/troops). I will see how this plays today and how much I enjoy playing it and make changes as needed.

I also did a little work early this am on Brug's big hairy friend Lug. He was primed and then had his fur base color sprayed on. The based was also primed black. All in all not too much to see but it is a start.


No comments:

Post a Comment