We start with Mr Thexus himself. I started the metal sections on Thexus. I was trying out a different metal technique from usual as I was trying to get that dark iron feel from the studio Cephalyx. I followed the PP studio painting guide from the Cephaylx PDF and I have to say I am pretty happy with this metal and plan to work this in to my "regular" metal rotation. I also started putting down the yellow metal sections. These will require another thin coat to improve the coverage and then will receive my typical yellow metal treatment.
Oh the monstrosities. Two wardens three wreckers. The basecoat was applied with an airbrush. While not photographed I also blacked out the metal sections on one of the monstrosities in preparation for the metals. I plan on using the dark iron formula tested on Thexus for a large portion of the metal on these guys. The skin will be finished like the test bloat thrall (I think)
After playing my game the other day with Les' Durgen I knew he was going to be one of my future go to 'casters so I got my Durgen assembled (he has since been primed....ha)
Whats a dwarf 'caster without an Earthbreaker? I primed the Earthbreak via the airbrush. I am still trying to decide how I am going to paint this monster.
Last but not least the Galleon was also primed. This guy was primed using can primer which reinforced how much I dislike can primer. The results are fine but the application isn't as smooth and damn does the stuff stink......which make the wife crazy(ier) and you know what they say happy wife happy life so I'll be sticking with the airbrush primer. I am still trying to decide how I am going to paint this monster too.
That concludes the lackluster update for week one. This week is a work week so I do not anticipate great progress but I do need to finish something. I will most likely focus on finishing Thexus or one of the other 'casters I have in the works.