Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Grogspar: Finished Mini

Hey guys. Those of you that have been following along with my little journey and multiple painting tangents may remember the Boson Grogspar I was painting for my friend Jamie Bell aka Northblade to give to him at Templecon this year. He was unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances so the mini went home with a fellow canuck to be delivered. I decided I wasn't going to post final photos until Northblade had the mini in hand and he recieved the good Boson last Saturday. Here are the photos of the finished mini for y'all to view:




This mini was a pleasure to paint. The first it is always enjoyable to paint a mini for a friend who you know will appreciate it no matter how it comes out. The second reason being it was just a fun sculpt with some cool detail and features. I was really happy with how the skin came out on Grogspar. The stripes on the shirt were one of my first attempts a "free handed" detail but I was very happy with the results. I don't love the metals and wish I could have done them over but alas there wasn't time. All in all I am very happy with how the mini came out and that I was able to avoid buying an entire pirate army to paint for myself. Mr Bell hope you are pleased with it and you still owe Zack and myself a beverage for your poor betting skillz :p

No comments:

Post a Comment