Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hunters Grim: Part II (Muggs and Krump WiPs)

I wasn't able to get as much done on The Hunters Grim this weekend as I was hoping. You see the weather here in the Northeast was lovely this weekend so I spent a fair amount of time outside doing yard work and playing with the boys. I hate yard work more than cleaning PP plastic kits but I had no excuse not too :)

As I said previously I am leaving Grim until the end so I can really focus on getting his skin the way I want. I would normally jump right into the 'lock but Muggs and Krump are so characterful that I am really enjoying painting these little fellows. Here is where they currently stand:


 
Krump in his current state. I basecoated all the metal sections with VMA steel paint. I then painted the yellow metal sections using VMC brass paint. The yellow metal section on the axe was painted with VMC bronze. I then painted the wraps on his feet and left arm using P3 rucksack tan. I love using rucksack tan as my base color for light colored leathers. This will receive a  wash with GW sepia wash and s quick highlight and be done. I started to basecoat the skin with my trollblood skin tone but didn't put enough on the palette and still need to do his left leg, fingers on his right hand, and belly. It is a shame that Krump is the "unimportant pyg" as he has so much character and I think he is my favorite of the three Hunters.



 


Mugg received similar treatment as his boy Krump above. His shoulder pad was painted with bronze instead of brass (my change this still). He received similar treatment with rucksack tan but I didn't paint the wrapping on his feet with it since his paints will be the light leather. These will either be a dark leather or more of a whitish cloth. You may notice the glove in the second photo has some subtle highlighting. I was playing around with something to try and have his gloves be black similar to Krump's coat but not going through the same process. Looking at the photos I realize I didn't paint the axe blade connection point yellow metal as I intent so will have to do that at a later point.

I don't think I will get back to these guys tonight but if I do I will be finishing up some basecoating and then laying down some of my shade washes. My work week starts tomorrow night so I hope to get more done on them before progress grinds to a halt for the week....we shall see. Hope y'all had a great weekend and catch ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment