Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Gobber Thief "Sammy" Nearly Done

When I got home from work this am the house was quiet so after sitting down and watching last nights Ultimate Fighter I headed down to the cave. I did some work on Sammy and also some other assembly work and an "experiment".

First off is the assembly. One of the projects is on the DL so I will not be putting photos up until it is all finished and whatnot. The other project is I finally got around to putting together one of my gatorman witch doctors. I have been itching to play one of these gentleman since I saw them in Domination. I have planning on playing them in my Jarl lists. I like to run Jarl heavy with either a quickened quickened gatorman posse or Nyss hunters. I think traditional logic says Nyss are the way to go but I have had better luck with the gator. I find a lot of people get surprised how far they can charge living models.



It bothers me how PP decided to split the jaw but they didn't ask me did they? There seems to be a trend of this as it was also done with Sturm and Drang (does two minis equal a trend?) and I am not a big fan of it. I will have to break out a little green stuff to fix up the jaw gap but I guess that is OK cause I need a little green stuff on the mystery mini. The next time I get out to play I hope to get this bad boy on the table with the Devil himself. I am looking at something along these lines at 35pts:

Jarl Skuld, Devil Of Thornwood (*6pts)
* Troll Impaler (5pts)
* Dire Troll Bomber (10pts)
* Rok (11pts)
* Trollkin Runebearer (2pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew (Leader and 1 Grunt) (1pts)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3pts)
OR

Jarl Skuld, Devil Of Thornwood (*6pts)
* Slag Troll (6pts)
* Troll Impaler (5pts)
* Dire Troll Bomber (10pts)
* Trollkin Runebearer (2pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Sons of Bragg (6pts)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3pts)
At the 50 pt level I am thinking something like this:

Jarl Skuld, Devil Of Thornwood (*6pts)
* Troll Impaler (5pts)
* Dire Troll Bomber (10pts)
* Rok (11pts)
* Trollkin Runebearer (2pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Sons of Bragg (6pts)
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew (Leader and 1 Grunt) (1pts)
Gatorman Witch Doctor (3pts)
Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (9pts)

OR

Jarl Skuld, Devil Of Thornwood (*6pts)* Troll Impaler (5pts)* Dire Troll Bomber (10pts)* Ršk (11pts)* Trollkin Runebearer (2pts)Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (Cylena and 9 Grunts) (10pts)Sons of Bragg (6pts)Gatorman Witch Doctor (3pts)Rorsh & Brine (9pts)
My experiment centered around a croak hunter I primed some time ago. I went with the Vallejo surface primer via the airbrush and used grey (although it is really light). I like the way brighter colors show up on white but find it a little unforgiving if you miss any coverage. This months PtT over at http://losthemisphere.com/blog/ is a minion or merc mini so it seemed fitting I tinker with this guy. To try and overcome some of the issues I have with "white" primer I gave him a layer of Badab Black so that there was dark in all of the recesses. I hope this will help but only one way to find out eh?


Okay last but not least is the work I did on lil Sammy here our ruthless IKRPG thief. I highlighted his cloak, little highlight on his pants, and started his teeth and nails prior to the boys getting up and calling downstairs for me to come play Candyland. I have to do one more layer on the teeth/nails and do his eyes and he is gonna be ready for a base and matte varnish.



This post is a little on the long side so when I get Sammy finished I will go into his stat sheet a little then. I will also introduce you to Capt Noghannan who is going to be my first converted IKRPG mini. Okay time for a nap so I can get up and watch the Yankees/Tigers game 1 before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment