Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pluses and Minuses

In my last post I expressed my desire/plan to have the storm troll finished by this time.....well that hasn't happened. My week off from work started Monday morning which usually allows me some hobby time. I haven't had much hobby time at all as I have been working at my per diem job a lot this week. They are having a staff issue at my other job and I was asked to pick up as many hours as I possibly could. I really like the people at my other job and wanted to help out so that is where my time has gone. This leads us to the +/- of the situation.....while I have little time to work on hobby stuff I will have more $ to spend on hobby stuff. My stash of hobby money has dwindled down over the last few months so its a perfect time to refill the stores with these extra hours.

I have been able to do a little work on the storm troll as you can see here:

Did the final highlights on his skin and put the base color down on all his nubs

Filled in the runes on his skin with P3 arcane blue. The photo above was a shot I took after "testing" it on one side. I have since filled in all the runes with the arcane blue.
 
 
So that is where we currently stand here in the cave. I am not working the next three day so hopefully my next post will be of a finished mini. I may not have a lot of hobby time tomorrow as I am hoping to head to the FLGS to get a game or two in. I am not sure which list I am going to play but I think I am either going to play:

Borka Kegslayer (*5pts)
* Pyre Troll (5pts)
* Slag Troll (6pts)
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. (Boomhowler and 9 Grunts) (9pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 5 Stone Scribes (4pts)
* Krielstone Stone Scribe Elder (1pts)
Trollkin Champions (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
* Skaldi Bonehammer (3pts)
Trollkin Champions (Leader and 2 Grunts) (5pts)
Trollkin Champions (Leader and 2 Grunts) (5pts)
Stone Scribe Chronicler (2pts)
Trollkin Champion Hero (3pts)
Trollkin Champion Hero (3pts)

or

Grissel Bloodsong, Marshal of the Kriels (*6pts)
* Troll Axer (6pts)
* Mulg the Ancient (12pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 5 Stone Scribes (4pts)
Trollkin Champions (Leader and 4 Grunts) (10pts)
* Skaldi Bonehammer (3pts)

No comments:

Post a Comment