Currently on the painting table

On the painting table: Batman Miniature Game!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Not a Complete Wash

Hey all long time no write. Well August has been a blur and nearly over. I have had very little hobby time between work/family/life in general but as the title states the month has been a total wash. I haven't been able to play much (maybe 2 games this month) but I have been doing a lot of listen/thinkmachine. I have also been playing around with the airbrush a little. Here is the extent of my recent (August) hobby time.

A few months back one of my local guys Les aka Oxyguy asked if I would base coat his Galleon (think I forgot to take photos) with my airbrush. I was more than happy to do it for him as I love using the airbrush and like to help out when I can. When I dropped off the basecoated Galleon another buddy asked if I would mind laying down the blue basecoat on his storm strider and Stormwall. He said he had no time table so I was more than happy to do it. I decided I was going to try and do the shading and highlighting on the blues and not just the basecoat. I figured if I was going to experiment the strider should be my test subject and not the 'wall. Here is the strider in its current state. The photos are a little washed out but I have to say am I pleased with the blues and hope Nick likes them as well. I know he only asked me to paint the blue but I am tempted to finish this guy up as I have enjoyed working on it an want to see it to completion.






I have to get ready for work so that is all for now. When I get a chance I need to go and give the Stormwall the same blue treatment as the strider. Hopefully see y'all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment